Sunday, March 15, 2015

Quick Cards

Bubba has had strep for the past few days and was unable to sleep. Fever, couldn't eat, wouldn't drink, dehydrated, etc. So, when he finally was able to sleep, I kept busy with cards. It is a nice stress reliever for me. We've been so busy that I hadn't had a chance to play with my new Stamps of Life sets. So... I got our my new Kitty and Bicycle sets and made a few quick cards. I could have easily spent 2 hours on each card, but I wanted to get something accomplished while I had a few minutes while he slept.
 
How could you NOT love the bicycle?! The die cut it perfectly and even came with a tiny bike and die. I didn't use it on this card, but instead used the bike paperclip that came with a previous TSOL Card Club set.

Ahhhhh! I love Stephanie's patterned paper! She said for the longest time she would never make any, but I'm sooo glad she changed her mind! I colored in the bike with a Sharpie and added bling to the wheels. I love the twine and buttons that have come in her kits.


And we all know kitty lovers! I was anxious to see how the kitties and little fishies stamped and cut out. Completely adorable! Bub had a great idea of making it look like the cat was eating the fish. I carefully cut along the cat's mouth and it worked great. I also made a slit in the bowls so it would look like the fish were inside the bowls.
 
So...simple, quick cards but I think they turned out cute. I've decided that from now on I am going to cut multiple shapes as I go and make coordinating cards. The kitty ones use the same colors of papers, just in different places. The sentiments are different, but it took me a lot less time to crank out two than to do one at a time. And if the same person happens to get both kitty cards, they will look different enough that they may think they are from a set! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment