Thursday, August 6, 2015

Busy Summer!

What A busy summer it has been! Bubba graduated from homeschool and so now that means I have officially graduated as homeschool teacher! Loved my time teaching both of our children, but now I am on to a new stage in my life. Bubba was able to get into the voc rehab program and I am ecstatic! All through his senior year I worried about what his future would hold. When St. Jude Children's Research Hospital mentioned that voc rehab would be a great resource, we jumped right on it. I gave them all of his medical and psych records and they said because of the tumor, surgery, and radiation effects, multiple meds he is on, and multiple medical conditions he faces, he certainly qualified for the program. Yay! He wanted to go to college for culinary arts, but the past 2-3 years in particular were so difficult because of the issues caused by the tumors. Brain tumors... Ugh! But, God has us right where we need to be and He is constantly providing for Bubba. So after 12 years, 2 tumors, brain surgery, and 30 radiation treatments, seizures, narcolepsy, memory issues, learning issues, non functioning pituitary and thyroid glands, inability to control body temp, inability to retain fluid, etc....I honest to goodness feared for his future. BUT, after talking with voc rehab, I can say that this is the first time I have been over-the moon-excited for his future! This momma is feeling so blessed! So, they are in the process of finding the right spot for him and he is soooo excited!
      Also, we had a major hailstorm come through at the end of May and we are STILL trying to get the contractor to finish up the repairs. What a nightmare! BUT, we are taking it all in stride. At least the roof is done and we have no leaks!
      Well, hoping to be back to posting craft pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment